The Court Is Yours
Courts Plus offers its members the opportunity to obtain Permanent Court Time for tennis, racquetball and handball. It is available on a seasonal, prepay basis. The lottery is held each spring.
Please read the information below if you wish to purchase Permanent Court Time for 2020-2021.
- The 2020 Permanent Court Time Lottery will be held on Wednesday, May 20, 2020.
- Fall permanent court time runs 18 weeks beginning 9/7/20 thru 1/10/21.
- Pre-registration is not necessary to participate in the lottery. Interested members simply come to Courts Plus beginning at 6:00 p.m. on the night of the lottery to check-in and fill out the lottery card with the lottery beginning at 7:00 p.m. A valid membership card or ID is required.
- Annual and monthly memberships will be allowed to participate in the Lottery. Members who have requested cancellation are not eligible to participate in the Lottery. Short-term memberships (2 Week Free Trials, 30 Day, Student Summer or Promotional) are not eligible to participate in the Lottery.
- Individual memberships are allowed 1 lottery card; Household memberships are allowed a total of 2 lottery cards.
- If a member is not able to attend the Lottery, the member can pick up a proxy card at the Courts Plus Service Desk between 5 a.m., May 1, 2020 and noon, May 20, 2020. The proxy card must be signed by the member authorizing a person (proxy) named to purchase PCT in their name and turned in to the Courts Plus service desk by noon on May 20, 2020. Members can participate in the lottery or be a proxy for a member, but not both. In addition, members who are proxies may not have a proxy for themselves. A valid ID is required of all participants in the lottery, including non-member proxies.
- Please note: Proxy cards won’t be available after noon the day of the Lottery, May 20, 2020 and must be turned in to the Courts Plus Service Desk by noon the day of the Lottery, May 20, 2020.
- The name on the drawn lottery card is the person booking the court and can’t be given to another person for booking. Member ID verification will take place again before entering the court reservation area. If the PCT contract is going to be in another member’s name, that member or the member’s proxy must be at the recording/payment station to sign the rental agreement.
- All permanent court time courts sold require a $100 deposit upon reservation, with the balance due by July 15, 2020. After July 15, 2020, unpaid PCT Lottery balances will incur a $50 late fee.
- Members may sell their court time to another member on a week to week or permanent basis. To sell one week of court time, contact the service desk and request that your court for that week be put up for sale. To sell your court time permanently, please contact the racquet sports supervisor. Refunds for all sold courts will be given in a one-time payment at the end of the 18 week permanent court time session. Refunds will be processed by January 21, 2021.
- Members wishing to participate in a Self-Formed League will have the opportunity to fill out a self-formed league lottery card beginning May 1. The Self-Formed League lottery cards must be turned in by May 11, and members will be notified of their status by mail within 7 days. A $100 deposit is required by 5:00 p.m. Wednesday, May 20, 2020 in order to secure the courts requested. The remaining balance is due on July 15, 2020. After July 15, 2020, unpaid Self-Formed League balances will incur a $50 late fee. As a reminder, the following criteria apply to qualify as a Self-Formed League:
- Court time will be sold in blocks of two or three courts. Allotted times must consist of 1.5 or 2 hours of court time.
- Court time will be sold for non-prime hours only.
- The lottery card should be filled out by the League Captain.
- One lottery card per group per time requested will be allowed.
- Cards are pulled at random.