Elmhurst Park District and Courts Plus are committed to ensuring the health and safety of patrons and staff. We have taken steps to help control the spread of the COVID-19 (commonly known as coronavirus) as well as other known viruses such as the flu and common cold. All District facilities are being regularly disinfected, which includes disinfecting doorknobs, handrails and grab rails. When possible, hand sanitizer will be placed throughout District facilities.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the Governor’s extension of the stay-at-home order through April 30, the Elmhurst Park District is rescheduling or canceling a number of events. Refunds will be issued to participants for canceled events that required advanced registration. We will continue to monitor the situation and communicate any further program or event cancellations to participants.
Here is the current status of upcoming events:
• Bridal Party at Wilder Mansion (April 2) - CANCELED
• Adult Egg Hunt (April 4) – CANCELED
• Flashlight Egg Hunt (April 9) - CANCELED
• Courts Plus Blood Drive (April 11) - RESCHEDULED
• Egg Scramble (April 11) – CANCELED
• Doggie Eggstravaganza (April 11) – CANCELED
• Mother Son Dance (April 17) - CANCELED
• Wedding Décor Resale Shop at Wilder Mansion (April 18) – CANCELED
• Courts Plus Health & Wellness Fair (April 18) – CANCELED
• Earth Day Clean Up Day (April 22) - CANCELED
• The Abbey Festival Italiano (April 24) – CANCELED
• Sugar Creek Golf Course Spring Fling Scramble (April 25) – CANCELED
Please check our website for event updates and other information about Elmhurst Park District programs and facilities during this current closure.
March 30 Update - Closure Updates
Based upon Governor Pritzker’s announcement today to extend his stay-at-home order through the end of April, we will be extending the closure of all District facilities through April 30. While unfortunate, this is a necessary step that we must take as a District in order to minimize exposure to participants and staff and limit the spread of the virus while reducing strain on the healthcare system.
All programs, events and rentals previously scheduled in April will be canceled. However, District parks remain open only for walking, hiking, running and biking as long as park users comply with social distancing requirements. As a reminder, playgrounds are closed.
We will continue to monitor information from local, state and national authorities to determine next steps if we need to extend our closure beyond April 30.
Be sure to keep an eye on this web page for additional updates.