Updated as of January 15, 2021
At today’s press conference, Governor Pritzker announced an update to the current resurgence mitigation. While a number of regions have met all metrics and will move back to Tier 2 immediately, Region 8 (including Elmhurst) will remain in Tier 3. Our region was poised to move forward until Thursday, when the hospital bed availability dropped from 23.2% to 19.3%. That means the region will need to get back above 20% and stay there for three straight days in order to move forward. "Of our remaining regions, the data shows that most are on track to leave Tier 3 in the coming days if current trends hold," Pritzker said Friday.
Programs scheduled to begin in person in January are still delayed or are being held virtually. Once a start date has been determined, participants will be refunded/credited for any delayed classes or cancelled programs. Participants will be contacted directly regarding the status of their program.
Staff and residents will be notified when our region enters Tier 2. We are hopeful that will happen in the near future.
On Tuesday, November 17, Governor J.B. Pritzker announced that the State of Illinois will move to Tier 3 of resurgence mitigations beginning Friday, November 20 at 12:01 am. This change will have a significant impact on park district services and programs.
- Courts Plus will be limited to 25% of capacity with only the fitness floor and lap pool available for use.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times, including while engaged in individual exercise.
- Reservations are required. Click here to reserve time on the Fitness Floor. Registration is available 7 days prior and ends 1 hour prior.
- Locker rooms will be open only to those with lap lane reservations.
- No indoor group classes will be allowed, including tennis.
- Group Exercise (Zoom classes coming soon)
- Tennis (A player may reserve a ball machine, reserve singles practice time and reserve one-on-one private lessons with Courts Plus Tennis Staff are available, call (630) 833-5064 for more information.)
- Martial Arts (Zoom classes will be available)
- Members will continue to have the option to place their membership on hold.
- Additional details will be sent directly to Courts Plus members and posted to courtsplus.com.
Organized group recreational activities
- Indoor group activities will be paused, however, there will be some exceptions. Participants will be contacted with a status update.
- Outdoor sports and recreation is allowed, however groups are limited to 10 persons or less with social distancing and face coverings are required at all times.
Parks & Outdoor activities
- Outdoor group activities are limited to 10 persons or less.
- Participants and guests must wear face coverings at all times.
- Parks and playgrounds will remain open at this time.
- Tennis, roller hockey, and pickle ball nets will remain up.
Wilder Park Conservatory
- The Conservatory will be closed.
Meetings, events and gatherings
- Banquet centers, including Wilder Mansion and Sugar Creek Golf Course, may not host gatherings during Tier 3.
Participants will be refunded or credited for any cancelled programs, rentals, and events. We will continue to post updates at https://www.epd.org/news/covid-19.