Courts Plus News
In accordance with the State of Illinois’ Restore Illinois Plan and in order to try to ensure the safety and well being of our members, we are pleased to announce we will be opening the Courts Plus fitness floor on Monday, July 13 for 60-minute time slots.
As always, the health, safety, and well-being of the community is our priority, and the District continues to provide access to parks and facilities according to the State of Illinois Restore Illinois Plan and the Governor’s Stay at Home Orders.
Following yesterday’s release of the Phase 4: Revitalization guidelines, Courts Plus staff is now putting together a reopening plan and will be communicating more details with members in the coming days.
Welcome back to Group-Ex!
Courts Plus is excited to welcome members back with outdoor group exercise classes!
Courts Plus is excited to welcome members back with outdoor group exercise classes beginning Friday, June 12! Classes will be kept to 9 participants, with 1 instructor, and only be open to Courts Plus Members. Registration will be required. Fee is $10/class.
The 'traditional' Courts Plus Summer Camps that many children have enjoyed through Courts Plus and the Elmhurst Park District will not be offered this summer. Day Camp 2020 is our alternate summer program that will exist within the guidelines of Phase 3: Recovery.
The Elmhurst Park District looks forward to continuing to reopen and fulfill its mission of Enriching lives while having fun!
June 25 Update - Park District Phase 4 Reopenings
As always, the health, safety, and well-being of the community is our priority, and the District continues to provide access to parks and facilities according to the State of Illinois Restore Illinois Plan and the Governor’s Stay at Home Orders. Throughout the quarantine, District parks and trails remained open so that people could enjoy the mental and physical health benefits these spaces provide. During Phase 3 of the Plan, the District was able to reopen tennis courts and offer outdoor fitness classes at Courts Plus and Day Camp 2020.
As our region moves to Phase 4: Revitalization on Friday, June 26 under the Restore Illinois Plan, we are excited to announce a number of other openings throughout the District.
Friday, June 26
- Sand volleyball, roller hockey, and futsal courts will reopen.
- Basketball courts will begin to reopen on Friday, and staff anticipates that all hoops will be back up by Friday, July 3.
- Wilder Park Conservatory will reopen with restrictions such as one group in at a time.
- The Park District Administrative Office at 375 W. First St. will reopen.
Saturday, July 4
- The batting cages and miniature golf will reopen at The Hub along with limited concession items. To celebrate the reopening, both will be free on July 4th!
Other Phase 4 Updates
- Courts Plus staff is putting together a reopening plan and will be communicating more details with members in the coming days. The tentative reopening date is targeted for early July as staff can now prepare the facility for the modifications required for social distancing and occupancy limits, in addition to recalling staff from furlough and conducting in-depth training regarding the stringent cleaning and disinfection guidelines put in place for Phase 4. Information will soon be posted to the website at courtsplus.com, on the Courts Plus Facebook page and via Constant Contact directly to members. We appreciate your patience as we navigate the new restrictions and prepare for a safe reopening.
- Wilder Mansion will reopen with strict guidelines. Additional details will be released soon.
- Movie in the Park will be held on Friday, July 10 in Wilder Park with a showing of The Secret Life of Pets 2 in partnership with the Elmhurst Public Library. Due to capacity limits, reservations will be required. More details will be posted at epd.org and on the District’s Facebook page in the coming days.
- Picnic shelters will open and permit requests will be accepted for rentals up to 50 people. Groups above that size will not be considered based on Phase 4 guidelines.
Other items to note
- Playgrounds and water fountains will remain closed per the Governor’s Executive Order, however, staff will continue to await guidance on when they will reopen and communicate that to residents.
- Staff is awaiting guidance on the sprayground at The Hub and is hopeful to reopen later in Phase 4.
The Park District continues to review guidelines to determine the best way to safely serve the community while fulfilling our mission of Enriching lives while having fun! We look forward to seeing you once again at the courts, fields, playgrounds and programs.
We wish you the very best of health during these trying days of COVID-19 closures. While Courts Plus is closed, our Group Exercise partner, Les Mills, is offering free access to their online platform, which features 95 workouts across 8 categories. Check your email!
We miss our Racquet Sports Community and we wish you all health and wellness!
Myzone belt fans - join the Myzone Global MEPs Challenge on April 1 and you could win! Stay healthy, active and connected through our virtual community.